Friday 18 November 2011

Entering the world of Blogging

I'll be honest with you.

I have no idea how to Blog!

The reason I have set up this account is because of my desire to get into broadcasting. I left six form with very little idea of what I wanted to do for a career but I did know the only subject I was good at really was Philosophy and R.S.

Naturally I decided to follow up this cause and went to University to study this subject. Since I still was not specific as to which part of this broad topic I liked the most I took a very long named honours course in Philosophy and Ethics combined with Theology and Religious Studies. (Saying that out loud always leaves me breathless)

I enjoyed my course, made lots of good friends and enjoyed the many pleasures of student life.

More importantly I discovered something else I was particularly good at: Radio.

I'll admit I sucked big time when I first started, but soon I had developed a calm and relaxed presenting style and became very good at driving the desk as well. My first programme was called the 'That's Debatable' show and as the name suggests was a debate programme. My aim was to have regular debates on Philosophy, Politics, Ethics and anything else that could be debated.

I'll admit this didn’t go quite according to plan as these kind of programmes take a lot of time to prepare, so it became more of an interview program where I would choose a topic area and interview a guest about it. This worked well though.

After two years I was promoted to Assistant Manager so it became my duty to train the new recruits and help them prepare their shows. I even produced and drove the desk for my friend's programme on conservation.

Unfortunately with this being Student Radio I was faced with an issue when I graduated. I now had to find a way to enter the real world of Broadcasting. Alas in the current economic climate this is not easy, so various sources have encouraged me to begin this blog.

Let’s see how this goes!

DFTBA


No comments:

Post a Comment